Mortal Kombat Producer Says the Reboot Film Has Been Pushed Back

Mortal Kombat Producer Says the Reboot Film Has Been Pushed Back

Late last year, the Mortal Kombat reboot finished filming with an eye towards an early 2021 release. January 15, 2021 was originally planned to be the release date. However, the coronavirus pandemic has apparently scuttled those plans. Mortal Kombat producer Todd Garner recently confirmed that the cast has been assembled for reshoots. But he also indicated that the film has been pushed back, and won’t get a new release date until movie theaters reopen. You can see his Tweet below.

RELATED: Lewis Tan Promises Not To Let Down MK Fans

Ludi Lin will headline the reboot as Liu Kang, with Chin Han as Shang Tsung, Tadanobu Asano as Raiden, Joe Taslim as Sub-Zero, and Jessica McNamee as Sonya Blade. Mehcad Brooks also stars in the film as Jackson “Jax” Briggs, alongside Josh Lawson as Kano, Hiroyuki Sanada as Scorpion, Max Huang as Kung Lao, Sisi Stringer as Mileena, and Elissa Cadwell as Nitara. Additionally, Lewis Tan and Matilda Kimber have undisclosed roles in the film.

What do you think about Mortal Kombat‘s delay? Let us know in the comment section below!

Recommended Reading: Mortal Kombat X Vol. 1: Blood Ties

We are also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.