Harrison Ford Says Indiana Jones 5 Will Shoot Soon
It’s been well over a decade since we’ve seen Indiana Jones on the big screen. But that could change sooner than anyone anticipated. Harrison Ford recently suggested that production on the archaeologist’s next big screen adventure might be filming this summer. During the recent opening of the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge attraction at Disneyland, Ford spoke with Variety about the forthcoming sequel.
Ford noted that Indiana Jones 5 “should be starting to shoot sometime next week.” Ford also said “I’m looking forward to it. Things are coming along well.”
Before Ford’s new update, the untitled fifth Indiana Jones film was set for a release of July 9, 2021. That was going to give director Steven Spielberg time to work on his remake of West Side Story, currently slated for a holiday 2020 release. It’s unknown whether Disney has shifted the Indiana Jones sequel, or if something happened behind-the-scenes. Neither the director nor the studio has provided an official update.
Last June, Jonathan Kasdan came on board to write the script for the Indy sequel. Kasdan previously co-wrote the script for Solo: A Star Wars Story. However, details about Kasdan’s story remain unknown. But it doesn’t appear that Disney looks to be replacing Ford any time soon. While speaking with USA Today last week, Ford explained that once he retires from the role, Indiana Jones is pretty much done.
“Nobody is gonna be Indiana Jones,” said Ford. “Don’t you get it? I’m Indiana Jones. When I’m gone, he’s gone. It’s easy.”
What do you want to see in the fifth Indiana Jones film? Should Indy be a legacy role like James Bond? Let us know in the comment section below!
Recommended Viewing: Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures on Blu-ray