This morning, Six Flags has announced plans for two new DC Comics-themed attractions to debut at some of their parks including a new version of Batman: The Ride at Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Justice League: Battle for Metropolis at Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags St. Louis. Both attractions are set to debut in 2015 at their respective parks.
The construction of Batman: The Ride features:
- The world’s first, one-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring six smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track;
- A 4D wing coaster that seats up to eight and has riders “face their fears” by allowing them to physically face each other as they tumble head-over-heels;
- A 120-foot tall hill that is ascended by an elevator-style lift straight up;
- Two beyond 90-degree raven drops giving the sensation of free-falling;
- Five vehicles with eight passengers each;
- A Bruce Wayne/Batman theme throughout the queue line featuring the Batmobile and Bat-Signal.
Justice League: Battle for Metropolis will feature:
- An interactive queue line and loading area where guests will receive instructions, 3D glasses and a stun gun to stop the bad guys.
- A storyline that unfolds with Lex Luthor and The Joker hacking into BATMAN’s computer system and uncovering vital information that exposes vulnerability in the JUSTICE LEAGUE’s defenses. Riders will fight alongside SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN and GREEN LANTERN to save the world from being infected with The Joker’s special laughing gas.
- A nexus of new technologies to put guests right in the center of this interactive battle.
- Lifelike animatronic super heroes designed by Sally Manufacturing, the industry leader in dark rides.
- 3D graphics and film produced by Pure Imagination, the gurus of Computer Generated Imagery.
- Robust gaming elements by Alterface, renowned for their work in site-based interactive game play.
- First-of-its-kind, fully programmable, multi-DOF (degree-of-freedom) vehicles that will transport guests through all the exciting twists and turns designed by Oceaneering.