Star Wars: The Force Awakens deleted scenes teaser shows off what might have been
Following the images that debuted yesterday (view gallery below), Walt Disney Pictures and Lucasfilm have released a teaser video for the Star Wars: The Force Awakens deleted scenes which you can check out below. Star Wars: The Force Awakens is available digitally on April 1 and on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD on April 5. You can pre-order your copy of the film by clicking here to see the deleted scenes in full.
The Force Awakens deleted scenes on the disc will include:
- Stormtrooper Finn’s run-in with a Jakku village woman in the opening attack.
- Han, Finn, and Chewie face down a squadron of stormtroopers in Maz Kanata’s basement.
- Kylo Ren leads snowtroopers to the crashed Millennium Falcon at Starkiller Base, and has an emotional remembrance inside.
- General Leia is introduced earlier in the film, as Major Brance (Emun Elliott) gets a distress signal from BB-8 informing them of the attack on the Jakku village.
- Poe Dameron and the other X-Wings prepare for lightspeed as they head into battle, giving us a chance to see starships in space.
- Finn and Rey escape Starkiller base on a First Order snowspeeder, while another gives chase.
- Rey gets an update on an injured Finn’s condition from Dr. Kalonia (Harriet Walton).
Directed by J.J. Abrams, written by Lawrence Kasdan & J.J. Abrams and Michael Arndt, and produced by Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk, Star Wars: The Force Awakens was named one of AFI’s top ten films of 2015 and received five Academy Award nominations, for film editing, visual effects, sound editing, sound mixing, and for series composer John Williams’ original score.
The Star Wars Saga continues December 15, 2017, in Star Wars: Episode VIII, picking up in the wake of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Later this year, Rogue One, a new adventure detailing events prior to Star Wars: A New Hope, takes flight on December 16, 2016.