MARVEL’S IRON MAN 3 (Marvel): 4th week domestic, 5th week international
3-DAY DOMESTIC WKND ESTIMATE (May 24-26): $19.4M at 3,424 locations.
4-DAY DOMESTIC WKND ESTIMATE: (May 24-27): $24.6M at 3,424 locations.
INTERNATIONAL WKND ESTIMATE (May 24-26): $17.4M
MARVEL’S IRON MAN 3 is currently in release in 55 territories representing 100% of the international market.
ESTIMATED DOMESTIC CUME THROUGH SUN: $367.5 MILLION
ESTIMATED DOMESTIC CUME THROUGH MON: $372.7 MILLION
ESTIMATED INTERNATIONAL CUME THROUGH SUN: $774.8 MILLION
ESTIMATED GLOBAL CUME THROUGH SUN: $1,142.3 MILLION
And the latest highlights:
– Crossed $1B global box office threshold in 23 days (2nd Marvel Studios film and 6th Disney release to reach threshold)
– Crossed $300M domestic box office threshold in 14 days (9th Disney film to reach threshold)
– 2nd highest grossing Disney release of all time globally behind Marvel’s The Avengers
– 3rd highest grossing Disney release of all time internationally behind The Avengers and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
– 2nd highest domestic opening of all time ($174.1M), behind Marvel’s The Avengers
– Surpassed the total gross of Marvel’s The Avengers in China, Finland, Hong Kong, Korea, Malaysia, Russia, Poland, Switzerland, Thailand,Ukraine and Vietnam
– Biggest film of all time in Malaysia and Vietnam
And the film’s performance to date in key international territories: