Warner Bros. Announces Blu-ray Details For Godzilla vs. Kong
A little over a month after its premiere in theaters and on HBO Max, Godzilla vs. Kong is getting ready to smash its way onto home video. Legendary and Warner Bros. have revealed plans to release the movie on 4K UHD and standard Blu-ray on June 15.
The film’s home media release has a lot of special features. Viewers will be able to re-watch the movie with a commentary track by director Adam Wingard. Fans can also take a closer look at two of the movie’s biggest fight scenes, with different featurettes examining the titans’ battle at sea as well as their rematch in Hong Kong. The film’s surprise guest-star, MechaGodzilla, gets his own featurette as well. Additionally, fans can learn more about the design process behind Hollow Earth and Kong’s Temple.
Despite its simultaneous release on HBO Max (as well as the ongoing coronavirus pandemic), Godzilla vs. Kong proved to be a big earner at the box office this year. The film has racked up a worldwide total of more than $422 million, making it the third highest-grossing movie of 2021. As of this past weekend, it’s also closing in on a domestic total of $100 million.
You can check the box art for the movie’s 4K edition, along with the full list of bonus features, below.
Are you excited to add Godzilla vs. Kong to your Blu-ray collection this summer? Let us know in the comment section!
- English Dolby Atmos Audio Track
- Audio Commentary by Director Adam Wingard
- Kong Discovers Hollow Earth
- Kong Leaves Home
- Behold Kong’s Temple
- The Evolution of Kong, Eighth Wonder of the World
- Godzilla Attacks
- The Phenomenon of GŌJIRA, King of the Monsters
- Round One: Battle at Sea
- Round Two: One Will Fall
- Titan Tag Team: The God and the King
- The Rise of MechaGodzilla
- Optional English SDH, Latin Spanish, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian-SDH, Cantonese, Complex Chinese, Korean, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, and Swedish subtitles for the main feature
Recommended Reading: The Art of Godzilla: King of the Monsters
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.