Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League reveals more details in the first of a series of extended story and gameplay trailers.
The development team at Rocksteady Games previewed new footage of Suicide Squad for the first time since players’ lukewarm reception to a trailer earlier this year. After delaying the game again to address player concerns, this trailer serves as the first reintroduction to the characters. It follows Harley Quinn, Captain Boomerang, Deadshot, and King Shark as the unlikely heroes that must kill the possessed forms of DC’s most powerful characters.
Check out the new story and gameplay trailer for Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League below:
Some of the new footage reveals how the Suicide Squad got stronger weapons to face off against Superman, the Flash, Batman, and more. A portion of the trailer shows the four infiltrating the Hall of Justice museum, stealing various weapons. While King Shark doesn’t partake, the other three take some classic gear: Harley uses Batman’s grappling hook and glider. Deadshot uses Gizmo’s jetpack to fly around. Meanwhile, Captain Boomerang employs Doctor Sivana’s Speed Force Gauntlet.
The trailer also showcases Metropolis, revealing stunning footage of the city. The four central characters can easily traverse it, encountering some hostile citizens. Batman villain Penguin runs a store the Suicide Squad can purchase more weapons from.
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Standard and Deluxe Edition details
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Standard Edition ($69.99 SRP)
- PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions available for pre-order physically and digitally; PC version available digitally (Steam and Epic Games Store)
- Main game features Rocksteady’s world-class narrative storytelling and open-world mayhem, along with a captivating action-shooter experience
- Post-launch seasonal updates and earnable characters to expand the story with new missions, items, and more, available at no additional cost
- Access to all free seasonal battle pass tiers (as each becomes available)
- Four Classic Outlets, one for each Squad member (pre-order bonus/available at launch)
- Four Rogue Outfits, one for each Squad member (PlayStation 5 digital pre-order bonus only)
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Deluxe Edition ($99.99 SRP)
- PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions available for pre-order physically and digitally; PC version available digitally (Steam and Epic Game Store)
- All Standard Edition content and pre-order bonuses
- Four Justice League Outfits, one for each Squad member
- Three Black Mask themed notorious weapons (pistol, sniper rifle, and heavy weapon)
- Four Squad Golds themed weapon dolls, one for each Squad member
- One premium battle pass token
- Four No Shade Outfit color swatches, one variant for each Squad member (digital versions only)
- Up to 72-hour early access to the game, prior to the main launch on February 2 (pre-order bonus)
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League launches on February 2, 2024.