Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will hit Digital HD August 8 and DVD, Blu-ray and 4K August 22
Marvel Studios‘ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is coming home as Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment confirms that the sequel will debut via Digital HD August 8. Then, DVD, Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD versions will follow on August 22. Bonus features include:
- The Making of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” – A four-part, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, done in the style of classic-rock album liner notes.
- Visionary Intro – Director James Gunn provides context on how he continues and expands the storylines of these beloved characters in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.”
- Guardians Inferno Music Video – Join David Hasselhoff and special guests for a galactic retro dance party.
- Gag Reel – Laugh out loud at all the hilarious off-script shenanigans and bloopers that took place on the set of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” featuring all your favorite Guardians.
- Four Deleted Scenes – Check out four specific scenes that had to be cut from the film, including two extended scenes and two deleted scenes.
- Audio Commentary – Check out a special narration of the film by director James Gunn, who guides fans through an inside look at the making of the movie.
Digital all the features listed above plus four extra exclusives:
- Three Scene Breakdowns (Digital Exclusives) – We’ll reveal the anatomy of a few key scenes from the film. Discover the process in bringing these scenes to life. It starts with a doodle and the rest is film history. Audiences will be given the option to view 5-6 layers of specific scenes in the film. Scenes include “Eclector Escape,” “Gamora and Nebula,” and “Rocket and Ravagers.”
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! (Digital Exclusive) – Get an exclusive sneak peek inside the most anticipated ride at Disneyland,
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!. We’ll dig into the concepts and inspiration, and talk about what it took to bring the most epic ride at Disneyland to life.
James Gunn posted his excitement about the 4K Ultra HD release on his official Facebook page.
“4K UltraHD is almost certainly the best way you can see this movie at home,” he wrote, “With more definition and the most vibrant colors possible on your home screen, and with the brightest brights and the blackest blacks. A being composed of light truly appears to be a being composed of light! This version is a roiling cinematic river of beauty and I’ve taken hundreds of hours personally making it look the best it can. This is one of the reasons why LIGHT and COLOR are such important elements of Vol. 2’s story, and why we screened the World Premiere in Los Angeles in essentially this format.”
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 stars Chris Pratt as Peter Quill (aka Star-Lord), Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Dave Bautista as Drax, Vin Diesel as the voice of Groot, Bradley Cooper as the voice of Rocket, Michael Rooker as Yondu and Sean Gunn as Kraglin. New cast members include Pom Klementieff, who plays Mantis, Elizabeth Debicki as Aesha, Chris Sullivan as Taserface and Kurt Russell as Ego, the Living Planet.
Set to the backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel continues the team’s adventures as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos. The Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mysteries of Peter Quill’s true parentage.
Directed and written by James Gunn, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was produced by Marvel Studios’ president, Kevin Feige, with Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Jonathan Schwartz, Nik Korda and Stan Lee serving as executive producers.