Universal Studios Home Entertainment announced this morning that the latest entry in the “Chronicles of Riddick” franchise, simply titled Riddick, will be one of the first DVD and Blu-ray releases of 2014. You can read the full press release below for all the details.
Vin Diesel returns to the larger-than-life role that made him a global superstar as Riddick blasts its way onto Blu-ray™ Combo Pack including Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet™ on January 14, 2014, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film will also be available on Digital HD December 17, 2013. The third feature film installment of the blockbuster series returns to its hardcore action roots with an all-new, no-holds-barred adventure from writer and director David Twohy, creator of the hit franchise.
- The Twohy Touch—In this short film, writer and director David Twohy explains the development of Riddick, the third feature film in his high-concept sci-fi series. Interviews and on-set footage detail Twohy’s vision and inspiration, as well as the creative collaboration between the filmmaker and star Vin Diesel that takes the cult franchise to a new level.
- Riddickian Tech—The filmmakers, including Riddick’s amazing effects team, talk about the extraordinary technologies used to create Riddick’s eye-popping sci-fi elements, from the practical effects to the green screen wonders that made it possible to bring this high-intensity, futuristic thriller to the big screen.
- The World Of Riddick—Key members of the filmmaking team, including director David Twohy, production designer Joseph C. Nemec III and director of photography David Eggby talk about the inspiration and influences behind the film’s vivid and unique visuals and savage predators.
- Vin’s Riddick—Vin Diesel, his co-stars and the entire filmmaking team provide an inside look at the superstar’s passion for everything from the film’s production and development to his intensive physical training, as well as just what makes Diesel ideal for the role of the indestructible Richard B. Riddick.
- Meet The Mercs—From Karl Urban and Katee Sackhoff to Jordi Mollà, Dave Bautista, Bokeem Woodbine, and Nolan Gerard Funk, this featurette spotlights the dynamic supporting cast of Riddick and the characters they portray, exploring what the actors bring to their roles, as well as the weapons and clothing styles that define them to enhance this heart-stopping thriller.
- Riddick: Blindsided—A motion comic prequel to Riddick that fills in the gap since 2004’s The Chronicles of Riddick.