Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Documentary Coming to Home Video This Summer
Fans of Star Trek lore no doubt have fond memories of the series Deep Space Nine. For seven seasons, it intrigued fans with its intricate storylines and memorable characters. Now, those same fans, along with others, can relive its greatness with a new documentary coming to Blu-ray and DVD this August.
What We Left Behind: Looking Back At Star Trek: Deep Space Nine received a limited theatrical release earlier this month. With its home release, however, it will open up to a much wider audience with its story of the “black sheep” of the franchise.
The film will arrive on August 6th with a standard release, as well as a limited two-disc special edition. The full breakdown of features is below:
- An Intro from Ira (director Ira Steven Behr)
- A Brief History of Deep Space Nine featurette
- What We Left Out – Deleted Scenes
- Behind the Scenes at the Variety photoshoot featurette
- HD Remaster Discussion with the filmmakers
- More from the Fans featurette
- Theatrical Trailer
Those that pick up the special edition can also get these additional extras:
- A Roundtable Look at The Making of the Documentary, a 50-minute discussion with co-director and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine showrunner Ira Steven Behr, co-director David Zappone, producer Kai de Mello-Folsom, producer/editor Joseph Kornbrodt and producer/editor Luke Snailham
- A Musical Reunion with Composers Dennis McCarthy and Kevin Kiner
Check out the official artwork for the film’s release below. It showcases the director lovingly holding the official Deep Space Nine station in his hands.
“Deep Space Nine has a passionate fanbase, as shown by the successful crowdfunding campaign that brought this movie to life, and we’re thrilled to share their love of and dedication to the show by bringing the What We Left Behind to an even wider audience,” said Michael Ribas, vice president of marketing at Shout! Studios, at the time of the film’s release.
Fans can check out the trailer below. Will you be picking up What We Left Behind when it comes out this August? Let us know in the comments below!