Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced the company’s slate of upcoming mobile game releases including the likes of Batman, DC Comics, LEGO, and “Game of Thrones.”
“Our mobile business has been a key priority for the company, and we are utilizing our incredibly talented internal development teams to create games with marquee franchises,” said David Haddad, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “We’ve seen tremendous growth with our mobile business and expect to increase our market share by applying our best in class development, publishing and brand marketing to this impressive slate of games.”
The following are new games under development with Warner Bros.’ wholly-owned development studios:
- Batman: Arkham Underworld, Turbine
- Rule Gotham City! Build your hideout, then recruit and train an army of henchmen to do your bidding. Command iconic super-villains from the Batman: Arkham universe, including the Riddler, Harley Quinn and Killer Croc, to become Gotham City’s next criminal kingpin. Sign up for beta at ArkhamUnderworld.com.
- LEGO Batman: Beyond Gotham, TT Games
- The Caped Crusader joins forces with the super heroes of the DC Comics universe in this premium game and blasts off to outer space to stop the evil Brainiac from destroying Earth. Now the greatest super heroes and the most cunning villains must unite and stop Brainiac before it’s too late.
- DC Comics Legends, WB Games San Francisco
- Gamers will grow their collection of legendary DC Comics super heroes and villains, customizing super teams with the right heroes for each encounter in this mobile RPG.
- Game of Thrones, Turbine (Game title to be revealed at a later time)
- Conquer Westeros in an epic combat strategy game based on the hit television series from HBO®. Prove the wit of your spies and the might of your forces on the battlefield as you extend your dominance across the seven Kingdoms. Join an alliance, rise to power, and then try to take the Iron Throne if you dare!
“In just four years, we have launched 25 games with more than 150 million installs worldwide across diverse fighting, strategy, puzzle and action adventure genres, and we will focus our business on a strong games-as-a-service model in 2015,” said Greg Ballard, Senior Vice President, Mobile, Social and Emerging Platforms, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “Our line-up of strong titles will deliver deep player engagement, as well as innovation like console game connectivity with games including Mortal Kombat X and Batman: Arkham Underworld.”
Which of these new titles are you most looking forward to?