Almost every major Marvel movie has been delayed because of the novel coronavirus pandemic. Even Thor: Love and Thunder wasn’t immune, as it was shifted from its November 5, 2021 date to February 18, 2022. Earlier today, Marvel and Sony shuffled their film schedule again. As a result, Thor: Love and Thunder‘s new release date is Friday, February 11, 2022, a week earlier than Love and Thunder‘s previous date.
Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson will reunite with director Taika Waititi for the upcoming sequel. Natalie Portman will also return to the MCU in Love and Thunder for the first time since Thor: The Dark World. Additionally, Christian Bale is reportedly in talks to portray the film’s villain. However, Marvel has yet to officially confirm Bale’s casting.
RELATED: Chris Hemsworth Praises the Script For Thor: Love and Thunder
After today’s moves, here’s the updated list of MCU release dates.
- Black Widow — November 6, 2020
- The Eternals — February 12, 2021
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of The Ten Rings — May 7, 2021
- Untitled Third Spider-Man MCU Movie — November 5, 2021
- Thor: Love and Thunder — February 11, 2022
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness — March 25, 2022
- Black Panther 2 — May 6, 2022
- Captain Marvel 2 — July 8, 2022
- Untitled Marvel — October 7, 2022
What do you think about the latest release date moves by Marvel? Let us know in the comment section below!
Recommended Reading: War of the Realms