Sony Announces Spider-Man: Far From Home Blu-ray and Digital Dates
Last month’s bombshell announcement that Sony is pulling Spider-Man from the MCU has certainly overshadowed any fresh news about the webslinger’s cinematic future. Sill, it doesn’t change the fact that Spider-Man: Far From Home was a big hit. Fans are undoubtedly curious about when they can add the movie to their home video collection. Now, they finally have their answer. Sony has just revealed that the film will arrive on Digital on September 17 and on Blu-ray on October 1.
Additionally, the studio is offering an early look at an “original short” that appears on the film’s bonus features. The short is titled Peter’s To-Do List and recaps what our friendly neighborhood hero did before boarding his plane to Europe. This first clip shows Peter Parker visiting his local post office to pick up a passport for his upcoming vacation. Rather than waiting his turn, he uses his trusty Spider-Drone to get a shortcut to the front of the line. You can watch it for yourself below.
Of course, there will be plenty of other extras for fans to sink their teeth into. Viewers can also watch Teacher’s Travel Tips, where Martin Starr’s Mr. Harrington and J.B. Smoove’s Mr. Dell share some advice on how to survive their own trip to Europe. Another featurette takes a look at every costume Peter wore in the movie with new behind-the-scenes footage. Marisa Tomei, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Samuel L. Jackson and Cobie Smulders will also get their own featurettes to dissect their characters. But given recent events, buyers will most likely want to watch Stepping Up. That extra traces Spider-Man’s (and Tom Holland’s) history in the MCU and teases what fans can expect in the future.
You can view the full list of Far From Home bonus features, along with the 4K UHD box art, below. Which extra are you most excited to check out? Let us know in the comment section!
- New Original Short, Peter’s To – Do – List: Peter has a few errands to run before he can leave on his class trip.
- Teachers’ Travel Tips: Mr. Harrington & Mr. Dell present a few tips on how to traverse the European continent.
- Stepping Up: Explore how Spider-Man was introduced in the MCU, the ways Tom Holland transformed the character of Peter Parker, and what the future holds for Spider-Man.
- Suit Up: The suit doesn’t make the hero – but it does play a big role in who they are and who they can become. This piece examines all of Peter’s different suits in the movie, and with behind the scenes footage, we see why some suits are better than others.
- Far, FAR, Far from Home: The film’s illustrious locations serve story points and establish tone, but they’re also amazing to travel to! Hear from the cast on their experiences filming on-location.
- It Takes Two: A special look at the chemistry between Jon Watts and Tom Holland.
- Fury & Hill: MCU stalwarts Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson are back as Agent Maria Hill & Nick Fury!
- The Ginter-Riva Effect: A look at the villain sub-plot and how William Ginter-Riva ties Spider-Man: Far From Home all the way back to the beginning of the MCU.
- Thank You, Mrs. Parker: A look at Marisa Tomei’s reimagining of Aunt May, from Homecoming to Far From Home.
- The Brother’s Trust: A quick look into some of the amazing work Tom Holland and his brothers have done through their charity, The Brothers Trust.
- The Jump Off: Interviews with the cast & crew take us through all of the amazing stunts of Far From Home.
- Now You See Me: We examine the evolution of Mysterio and why Jake Gyllenhaal was the perfect fit for the role.
- Stealthy Easter Eggs: Allow E.D.I.T.H. to reveal some of the hidden Easter Eggs you may have missed!
- Select Scene Pre – Vis: A side by side comparison of the Pre-Vis with the film
- Gag Reel & Outakes
- Never-Before-Seen Alternate & Extended Scenes
Recommended Reading: Spider-Man: Far From Home – The Art of the Movie