Burger King Corp. announced today an unprecedented partnership with Paramount Pictures, jam-packed with original entertainment and activation spanning the summer movie season. Beginning today with Star Trek (release May 8) and continuing with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (June 24) and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (Aug. 7), this partnership marks an evolution of an ongoing alliance between
Burger King Corp. and Paramount Pictures that takes movie marketing to new levels.
â€œWe consistently strive to push the boundaries of our movie marketing, taking our activation beyond mere sponsorship,â€ said Russ Klein, president, global marketing, strategy and innovation, Burger King Corp.
â€œWe see ourselves as a brand that likes to experiment in creating pop culture. We always want to give our customers, who are also movie fans, an unexpected experience and the strong Paramount film slate this summer affords us that opportunity.â€ This partnership marks the first time that Burger King Corp. has committed to promote exclusively with one movie studio during the key summer promotional period. Likewise, Paramount Pictures has never engaged in three consecutive movie tie-ins with the same brand.
â€œBurger King Corp. has been a consistently innovative partner for Paramount releases, having been a part of three of the biggest movies of the last two years – Transformers, Iron Man, and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull,â€ said Rob Moore, vice chairman, Paramount Pictures. â€œWe are excited to further that partnership with these three new films.â€
Burger King Corp. has developed everything from never-before-seen original entertainment to top-to-bottom promotional offerings in support of each feature film. These include.
– New supporting BKÂ® characters: Star Trek fans will meet the â€œKingonsâ€ â€“ an advanced alien race that is half Klingon, half King. In new adult television advertising spots, Burger King Corp. will reveal the â€œKingons,â€ who are on an unstoppable mission to acquire the new BKÂ® STAR TREK glasses. The kidâ€™s national advertising spot, directed by Richard Sears along with the filmâ€™s Director of Photography, Dan Mindel (Mission Impossible 3), was shot on the same â€œbridgeâ€ set from the new movie. The spot also features Star Trek uniforms that were designed by the filmâ€™s costume designer, Brenda Ware.
– Kingon Defense Academy Web Site: The Kingons will reappear at www.whenkingonsattack.com : , where fans can learn how to defend themselves if a Kingon attempts to take their BKÂ® STAR TREK glass. Launching on May 4, the site features a series of instructional videos giving viewers a variety of tactics to protect their coveted glasses.
– Limited edition collectibles: Four limited-edition collectible glasses featuring one of four iconic Star Trek characters â€“ Kirk, Spock, Uhura and Nero. Designed exclusively for BURGER KINGÂ® restaurants by the Star Trek creative team, the high quality frosted glasses are enclosed in a collectible box and available for a suggested price of $1.99 each with the purchase of any adult BKÂ® Value Meal at participating restaurants, while supplies last.
– BKÂ® Kids Meals Premiums: Families can also discover star and bolt-shaped CHICKEN TENDERSÂ® developed in tandem with the Star Trek movie promotion in BKÂ® Kids Meals. BKÂ® Kids Meals will also include one of 16 all-sound Star Trek toys.* The toys highlight the characters, technology, iconic sounds and famous phrases from the film, and taps into the fun and adventure of exploring uncharted territories.
TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN
– Transform Your Way â„¢ : Starting June 22, fans can look forward to the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen promotion, which will give guests the chance to take home a range of prizes, from $1 million cash** to a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro to movie passes and instant-win food items like the CROISSANâ€™WICHÂ® and WHOPPERÂ® sandwich. As part of the Transform Your Wayâ„¢ scratch-and-win game, game pieces will be available on specially marked menu items. BURGER KINGÂ® will also give guests a second chance to win at bktransformers.com, where consumers can navigate interactive online applications to enter daily for a chance to win $10,000.
– New BK BBQ DOUBLE STACKTICON â„¢ sandwich.
The BURGER KINGÂ® menu will undergo a transformation with this new sandwich. Available for a limited time only for a suggested retail price starting at $2.79 the Transformers-inspired burger allows guests to stack multiple burger patties, bacon, sauce and cheese similar in theme to the â€œcombiningâ€ of Transformers characters in the upcoming film.
– Advertising by film director Michael Bay: Blockbuster director, Michael Bay, directed the national kidâ€™s television advertising spots that will turn the BURGER KINGÂ® dining experience on its head. In addition, each BKÂ® Kids Meal will come with one of eight Transformers toys that bring the beloved characters and vehicles from the movie to life.*
G.I. JOE: RISE OF THE COBRA
– G.I. Joe BKÂ® Kids Meals premiums: Beginning July 27, Burger King Corp. enlists G.I. Joe for an elite mission. The G.I.
Joe: The Rise of Cobra promotion features a kids premium program filled with gadgets, action figures and vehicles that offer the ultimate adventure. Each BKÂ® Kids Meal will come with one of eight G.I. Joe toys.*
â€œAll three of these feature films boast a huge loyal fan base and have carved out a permanent place in pop culture,â€ added Klein. â€œPartnering with Paramount has allowed us to go beyond the typical tie-in property sponsorship to create all-encompassing entertainment and promotions that offer our restaurant guests a real piece of the action â€“ in-restaurant, on their televisions, and online. Likewise, the creativity and innovation we bring to the partnership add value to the studiosâ€™ movie marketing effort.â€
*One toy per Kids Meal. While supplies last at participating BKÂ® restaurants.
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Game ends 07/19/09. Official rules and free game piece info posted in participating restaurants and at www.bktransformers.com.
Void where prohibited.
Source: Burger King