The New York Comic Con has announced the full schedule of film and TV previews and screenings:
The full schedule of movie trailers and special sneak peek previews which will be featured in the IGN Theater at New York Comic Con has been announced for the first time today by NYCC officials. The screenings will be one of the highlights of activity in the convention’s main auditorium and will provide a revealing look at some of Hollywood’s biggest upcoming blockbusters, including Hellboy 2: The Golden Army, The Incredible Hulk, and Will Eisner’s The Spirit, among others. In addition to the highly anticipated sneak peek previews, convention officials note that stars and top talent from movies and television will be taking part in programs and panels throughout the weekend, affording fans a unique and special opportunity to meet the creators behind some of this summer’s most eagerly anticipated new releases.
“I am thrilled that we are able to offer such terrific previews and screenings at New York Comic Con this year,” notes Lance Fensterman, Event Director for New York Comic Con. “The quality of our Hollywood-based entertainment programming is awesome and it underscores the fact that we have become a show with broad based appeal. This is a great vote of confidence from Hollywood and I’m incredibly grateful to the movie and television industries and all their talent for offering their valuable time and energy on our behalf.”
Some of the highlights taking place in the IGN Theater include:
- SCI FRIDAY NIGHT – BATTLESTAR GALACTICA and DOCTOR WHO: All new episodes of Doctor Who and Battlestar Galactica premiere every Friday on SCI FI. Now Comic Con fans can be the first to catch the latest adventure. Join SCI FI for an exclusive preview screening of Friday night’s episodes.
- 20th Century Fox Presents – X-FILES 2 Preview: An exclusive sneak peek at the new X-Files film with creator Chris Carter and director Frank Spotnitz.
- Disney: THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN and WALL-E: One year later for the Pevensie siblings. 1,300 years later in Narnia. Watch exclusive new film footage from this epic adventure series and join Ben Barnes (Prince Caspian), William Moseley (Peter Pevensie), Peter Dinklage (Trumpkin), and producer Mark Johnson for an exclusive audience Q & A.
From Academy Award-winning director, Andrew Stanton (Finding Nemo), WALL-E is the story of one robot’s comic adventures as he chases his dream across the galaxy. Be the first to see exclusive new footage of Disney-Pixar’s next adventure!
- The SciFi Channel Presents – BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Join fans from around the world as the series Entertainment Weekly hails as a “fan-frakking-tastic” show on television,” returns to New York Comic Con for its 2nd annual appearance.
- STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES: What’s Hot from Lucasfilm: There are few movie franchises, if any, that have captured popular culture more completely than Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Lucasfilm’s Steve Sansweet will showcase the exciting year that’s coming for fans.
- Universal Studios Presents – WANTED and HELLBOY 2: THE GOLDEN ARMY: WANTED – James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie star in a action-thriller with a hero for a new generation. Based upon Mark Millar’s graphic novel series and directed by stunning visualist Timur Bekmambetov, WANTED uncovers one apathetic nobody’s transformation into an enforcer of justice. Mark Millar and Timur Bekmambetov are scheduled to appear.
HELLBOY 2: THE GOLDEN ARMY – With a signature blend of action, humor and character-based spectacle, the saga of the world’s toughest, kitten-loving hero from Hell continues to unfold in Hellboy II: The Golden Army. Director Guillermo del Toro, creator Mike Mignola, and stars Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Doug Jones and Luke Goss are scheduled to appear.
- Marvel Studios and Universal Present – THE INCREDIBLE HULK: An all-new, explosive and action-packed epic of one of the most popular Super Heroes of all time. Director Louis Leterrier and producers Gale Anne Hurd and Kevin Feige are scheduled to appear.
- Warner Bros. Presents – SPEED RACER and THE DARK KNIGHT Previews: A sneak peek at two eagerly anticipated new blockbusters.
- Lionsgate Films Presents – Will Eisner’s THE SPIRIT: Lionsgate and Odd Lot Entertainment present an exclusive first look at The Spirit, based on the classic comic book series by Will Eisner, featuring the world premiere of the film’s teaser trailer. Writer-director Frank Miller and actress Eva Mendes will be on hand to speak about their involvement in the upcoming major motion picture, along with the film’s producers, Odd Lot Entertainment co-CEO Deborah Del Prete and Michael Uslan. The panel will be moderated by MTV News Correspondent Kurt Loder.
- New Line Cinema Presents – HAROLD & KUMAR ESCAPE FROM GUANTANAMO BAY: Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay marks the triumphant return of the original and outrageous anti-heroes we first met on the road to WHITE CASTLE. New Line Cinema will show exclusive footage from the film and John Cho, Kal Penn, and Neil Patrick Harris, along with writers and directors Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg, will be there to discuss the film.
- New Line Cinema Presents – JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH 3D: Based on the classic Jules Verne novel “Journey to the Center of the Earth,” Journey 3-D, the first live action digital 3-D movie, is an exhilarating adventure staring Brendan Fraser as a science professor whose untraditional hypotheses have made him the laughing stock of the academic community. Journey 3-D is directed by Academy Award-winning visual effect veteran Eric Brevig (Total Recall, Pearl Harbor.) The film which is a co-venture between New Line Cinema and Walden Media is scheduled to be released on July 11, 2008. New Line Cinema will show EXCLUSIVE footage, and star, Brendan Fraser, along with director, Eric Brevig, and producer, Charlotte Huggins, will be there to discuss the film!
- IGOR – A Sneak Preview and Discussion: This animated take on the classic character Igor (voiced by John Cusack) is a humorous tale of his dreams of winning first place at the annual Evil Science Fair. Join the cast and creators for a Sneak Preview of this new animated tale from The Weinstein Company.
- SPECIAL – A Movie Premiere: Les Franken (Michael Rapaport) leads a painfully unremarkable life until he enrolls in a drug study for an experimental anti-depressant. An unexpected side effect of the drug convinces Les he is developing special powers and must quit his job to answer his new calling in life. From Magnolia Pictures.
New York Comic Con officials note that while this represents the full schedule of guests and events at this point, new additions are being made to the program on a daily basis and some major Hollywood talent may still be added to the final program. In addition, not all of the movie and television activity taking place at the convention will be in the IGN Theater. “Our Hollywood programming is spread out and we will have panels and screenings taking place in a variety of venues throughout the weekend,” Fensterman states. Some of the additional panels and previews include: First Look at Nickelodeon’s The Mighty B!; Nickelodeon’s Favorite Party Animals: Back at the Barnyard; ABC TV/Stage 9 Digital Media Present – Trenches; ABC Presents – Eli Stone; The Sci Fi Channel Presents – Ghost Hunters; and Sneak Preview – Starship Troopers: Marauder.
For a full recap of ALL programming at New York Comic Con, including a full list of time and location for each event, go to www.nycomiccon.com and click on “Programming”.
Source: New York Comic Con