Though E3 is set to officially begin this week, BestBuy.Ca (via IGN) jumped the gun on one new title set to be revealed in the form of Transformers Devastation, a cell-shaded action game that brings players back to the original animated series. Developed by Platinum Games, the title is officially described as follows:
Face off against Megatron and battle it out with the Decepticons in Transformers Devastation. Equipped with fast action capabilities, this game allows for instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system. Five difficulty levels also deliver hours of intense gameplay.
• Autobots face off against the Decepticons when Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of plasma energy to cyberform Earth
• Platinum Games signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system
• Features 5 playable Autobots including Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock
• A deep customization system and 5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition deliver hours of intense gameplay
• Actors from the original TV series reprising their roles include Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Dan Gilvezan (Bumblebee), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), and more
Set to debut on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on October 6, you can check out the first screenshots from the game in the player below. Check back here during E3 for anymore reveals on Transformers Devastation and for our exclusive coverage of the event!
Return to the Original Animated Series in Transformers Devastation - SuperHeroHype