Spider-Man Producer Hints That a Sinister Six Movie May Still Be Coming

Spider-Man Producer Hints That a Sinister Six Movie May Still Be Coming

Sony is hard at work on a third Spider-Man film alongside Marvel Studios. However, Sony is also making more plans for its own Marvel movies; which may still include a Sinister Six film. Via ScreenRant, producer Amy Pascal seemingly hinted at the Sinister Six in the Spider-Man: Far From Home special features,

“All of these villains that we now have in our universe happen to be characters that are in the Sinister Six,” explained Pascal. “There may be something that happens with that.”

Spider-Man: Homecoming brought Michael Keaton’s Vulture into the MCU. And in Far From Home, Jake Gyllenhaal’s Mysterio was brought into the fold. Despite Mysterio’s apparent fate in that movie, his return could still be a possibility.

RELATED: Bob Iger Says New Spider-Man Deal Ends the Sony and Disney Feud

As for the other members of the Sinister Six, Spider-Man’s third MCU film could potentially introduce Kraven the Hunter. Director Jon Watts has expressed his desire to include Kraven in the next film. However, that’s far from certain. Kraven, Mysterio, and Vulture were founding members of the Sinister Six, alongside Doctor Octopus, Electro, and Sandman.

Late last year, Pascal gave Vanity Fair an update on the Sinister Six movie; which was originally to have been written and directed by Drew Goddard.

“I’m just waiting for Drew to be ready to direct it.” said Pascal. “I would do anything with Drew Goddard. I’m just waiting for him to tell me he wants to.”

For the time being, Sony and Marvel are focusing on Spider-Man’s next MCU adventure, which opens on July 16, 2021.

What do you think about the possibility of a Sinister Six film? Let us know in the comments below!

Recommended Reading: Spider-Man: Sinister Six