- Alter Ego: Peter Parker
- First Appearance: Amazing Fantasy #15
- Created By: Stan Lee and Steve Ditko
- Allies: The Avengers, Fantastic Four, Human Torch, Black Cat, Captain America, Iron Man, Miles Morales, Ghost-Spider, Spider-Woman, Silk
- Enemies: Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Kraven the Hunter, Chameleon, Scorpion, Kingpin, Carnage, Electro, Vulture, Mysterio
- Movies: Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man: Far From Home
During a scientific field trip, high school student Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider that gave him incredible new powers and abilities. Peter discovered that he could stick to almost any surface, in addition to enhanced strength and agility. He was also gifted with “Spider-sense,” an almost supernatural ability to sense danger.
Initially, Peter decided to cash in on his newfound powers as an entertainer. However, tragedy struck when Peter’s beloved Uncle Ben was killed by a robber that Peter could have stopped when he encountered the man before. In his grief, Peter reflected on a lesson that his uncle had tried to teach him: “with great power, there must also come great responsibility.” In the aftermath, Peter decided to dedicate his life to fighting crime as a masked hero. And thus the Amazing Spider-Man was born.