2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., today announced that Ghost Rider, the action-packed combat and motorcycle video game featuring Marvel Comics’ iconic supernatural superhero, is now available in North America for the PlayStationÂ®2 computer entertainment system, the PSPÂ® (PlayStationÂ®Portable) system and Game BoyÂ® Advance. The title will be available in Europe as the movie releases in different regions. The Ghost Rider video game reflects the stylized action of the successful Marvel comic series and Sony Pictures’ upcoming Ghost Rider movie.
The game was developed by Climax and its storyline was authored by famed comic writers Garth Ennis and Jimmy Palmiotti. In the video game, stuntman Johnny Blaze is brought back as his alter ego, Ghost Rider, to protect others from experiencing his Hell on Earth. Ghost Rider haunts America’s highways, inflicting his righteous wrath upon the souls of the wicked and the damned. The unique storyline takes Ghost Rider to a large variety of scenes and locations, while facing off against familiar faces from both the Marvel comic universe and Sony Pictures’ movie.
“The ‘Ghost Rider’ video game offers an exhilarating gameplay experience in a fast-paced environment. Ghost Rider can battle multiple enemies from the Marvel Universe using his trademark weapons, the Hellfire Chain and Hellfire Shotgun,” said Christoph Hartmann, President of 2K. “Fans of the comic book series will love its true-to-form style.”
Game features include:
– Ride the terrifying Hell Cycle, swinging Ghost Rider’s chain at enemies and using the bike’s powers to ride on water, boost over jumps, and power down under obstacles.
– Travel through several locations from the movie, including the Quentin Carnival and Caretaker’s Graveyard and take a ride down the skyscraper that links Earth to the depths of Hell.
– Upgrade the Hell Cycle, gain new moves and increase Ghost Rider’s stats using the essence of defeated foes as currency.
-Besides possessing superhuman strength, speed and durability, Ghost Rider can force criminals to experience a level of emotional pain equivalent to that which they have caused in others with his Penance Stare.
– Fight in spectacular boss battles with key Ghost Rider villains, including Lilith, which will put players’ combat skills to the test.
– Unlock original Ghost Rider comics, artwork, “making of” footage and developer interviews.
– Extended replay value with bonus characters, challenging players to dig deep into the experience.
– PSP offers new gameplay including game sharing, and Wi-Fi multiplayer racing for up to four players.
Ghost Rider, rated “T” for Teen, is now available for $29.99 for the PlayStation 2 system and the PSP system and $19.99 for the Game Boy Advance. For more information, visit the game’s official website.