Marvel’s Iron Man 3 added $72.5 million domestically its second weekend and $89.3 million internationally its third weekend! The third installment has now earned $284.9 million in North America and $664.1 million overseas for a worldwide total of $949 million.
Some of the box office highlights include:
– Iron Man 3 has passed the total global box office of Captain America ($369M), Thor ($449M), Iron Man ($585M), Iron Man 2 ($624M), The Amazing Spider-Man ($752M), Spider-Man 2 ($784M), Spider-Man ($822M) and Spider-Man 3 ($891M).
– Iron Man 3 posted the second-highest domestic opening of all time ($174.1M), behind only Marvel’s The Avengers.
– Internationally, Iron Man 3 has passed the total international box office of Captain America ($192M), Iron Man ($267M), Thor ($268M), Iron Man 2 ($312M), Spider-Man 2 ($410M), Spider-Man ($418M), The Dark Knight ($470M), The Amazing Spider-Man ($490M) and Spider-Man 3 ($554M).
– Biggest opening day of all time in China, Russia, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Ukraine, Singapore, South Africa, Vietnam.
– Biggest opening weekend of all time in Asia Pacific and Latin America regions.
– Biggest opening weekend of all time in China, Ukraine, Thailand, South Africa, Argentina, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia, UAE.
– Biggest Marvel opening weekend in China, Australia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Finland, Hungary, Romania, New Zealand, Argentina, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia.
– Iron Man 3 has surpassed the total gross of Marvel’s The Avengers in China, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia.
– Biggest grossing film of all time in Indonesia and Malaysia.
Performances to date in key territories:
China – $95.3M
Korea – $54.1M
UK – $48.3M
Mexico – $42.2M
Brazil – $37.6M
Russia – $37.4M
France – $34.8M
Australia – $33.0M
Japan – $20.7M
Italy – $19.2M
Taiwan – $17.9M
Germany – $17.4M
Indonesia – $14.5M
Philippines – $13.8M
HK – $12.7M
Malaysia – $12.7M
India – $11.4M
Spain – $10.6M
Argentina – $10.5M
Other – $120.0M
Total – $664.1M