We’ve seen a trailer and teaser for Marvel and Activision’s X-Men: Destiny, and we know that the game "casts players as new mutant recruits in a rich, branching storyline that features a deep element of choice and gives players ultimate control of their destiny," but beyond that not many details have been revealed. Thanks to the Official Xbox Magazine (via stickskills), we now have more info:
* The tone of the game is said to be "dark, mature, & intense" striving towards an adult feel, but a Mature rating is said to not be likely.
* San Francisco is divided into human & non-human sectors as Professor X is dead.
* The game starts with a peace rally being staged to pay tribute to Professor X, which is when you are prompted to pick one of three characters in the crowd.
* OXM’s Activision guide chose Adrian Luca as their character.
* The game presents the player with frozen in time "decision moments", indicating its time for players to make a big choice. The first big choice in the game allows you to pick your power archetype ranging from being able to manipulate matter and your body mass, energy projection, or a third one that was kept a secret.
* The game allows you to decide who is friend or foe in the X-Men universe.
* Cyclops, Quicksilver, Surge, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, & Gambit are confirmed to make an appearance in the title, with plenty more to be announced.
* X-Genes play a rather large role in the game, ranging from boss fights to deciding to give it to an X-Men, or someone else to form another alliance.
* Linking together a good amount of attacks will fill up your "Mutant power" meter, allowing you to pull off even stronger special attacks.
* One of the special attacks described as a part of the "Mutant power" meter was "Force Pillars". The attack was said to produce crowd clearing beams that rise from the ground.